Saturday, June 13, 2009

Infravision: Illuminator + Stereo Camera

Here is the test setup for the infrared illuminator and a stereo camera system with the IR filters removed.

The Testors green spray paint #1601 makes the boards look like they have a solder mask but it is not the same as a real solder mask. Also, the paint really does take 48 hours to dry. The Cool-Amp Plating powder also worked well at improving solderability.

If you ever need to make circuit boards go buy this now from Pulsar Professional FX.

For drilling all of the holes I found that a hand drill seemed to work well since I was using a #70 drill bit for the holes for the LED leads and it didn't fit in the drill press.
Hand drilling this many holes is annoying but for making one or two boards it seems to be faster then setting up the CNC machine.

I need to try out some of the new techniques listed on Pulsar Pro FX's website. Plated or riveted vias will make my life so much easier. Also I need to see if I can make a board with more then two layers by gluing them together.

IR Glare on a camera with an IR Filter

The Illuminator is little bright if you look at it with a camera without an IR filter. The human eye can not see any light being emitted by the LEDs.

The IR Illuminator consumes about 5 Watts of power at the maximum brightness that could be achieved with this power supply.

Here is another stereo cross test image that does not quite work. It is getting really close.

I managed to remember the technical term for the distance between the two cameras so this should be resolved soon. Here is the software for calculating the stereo base.

This is the same image as a red/cyan anaglyph.

No comments: