The new prototype for the Quickcam 9000 based stereo camera system is just about done. The old face looked kinda weird, so I want to see if anyone else has ideas for a cool robot head design.
After reading about the sensor head designed by Willow Garage I have decided to see how well crowd sourcing works and make the design process a contest.
Design a robot head using MS Paint, GIMP or Photoshop.
1) Robot head should have a minimum of 2 cameras, additional sensors are optional.
2) Contestant must license their image under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike License
3) Contestant authorizes I Heart Robotics a division of I Heart Engineering the non exclusive use of the likeness of the robot head shown in the submitted image.
4) To be eligible to receive a prize, the winning entrant must provide a physical mailing address.
5) To be eligible to receive a prize, entrants who are US Residents must be 18 or Older.
6) Prizes may or may not be awarded to non US residents at the judges discretion. Ie. If you live in Japan don't expect anything bigger than paper 3D glasses or stickers.
7) Entries must be emailed to iheartrobotics at g mail and received by Midnight EST Friday October 23rd.
8) Offer void where or when prohibited. <- This seems redundant.
The contest ends on Saturday October 24th. Entries will be judged by the staff of I Heart Robotics and the winner announced by Sunday October 25th. Prizes will be mailed Monday October 26th.
Current Camera Layout
A STL file of the final head design will be posted to Thingiverse if you want to build your own.
Post comments if you have any questions.
Redundancy for your autopilot
8 hours ago